Monday, June 29, 2009

Today's the day

So we are awake. Getting things around to take our little man off to have his surgery. I don't know what it is about being a mother... but I just want to take his place. I don't want him to have to go through this, or anything else that might hurt him. But I know that for him to get better, he has to do this for himself. I can't walk this for him. It makes me think about the rest of his life. We don't want our children to face the battles that we have faced, we try our hardest to protect them from that. I have a dear friend who told me once, we don't get to choose the things our children must go through to become the person that God has called them to be. Ok, so a little off the beaten path from taking your baby in for surgery, but it has just made me acutely aware of how little control I have. There is a quote that I have heard that is very appropriate as to how I am feeling today: "Being a mother is like having your heart walk around on the outside of your body for the rest of your life." Peyton and Lily truly are my heart. I would do anything I could to protect them... including taking them in for surgery....

0 comments: